Header Ads

honest and open up


We all have an inner desire to be loved and to love one another. When we talk about unconditional love, we sometimes mention how dogs love their owners. It doesn’t matter the mistakes we make raising a dog, the dog still comes back and still wants our attention.
This usually ends the talk on unconditional love, which has always bothered me. This may be because I am not a dog and nor do I want to love like a dog. It also doesn’t teach anyone how to love unconditionally. I think a better way to talk about unconditional love and how to love unconditionally is to be honest and open up and tell you how I learned the lesson.

“When I wake up in the morning I choose to love you.”

I meet my girlfriend in college and we had a lot of conversations about love and our views on it. Mine was very simple: “When I wake up in the morning I choose to love you.” I must have said this over and over to her. It didn’t matter how I felt about her or about me. If I just chose to love her every morning, then in my mind our marriage would last. If you look at society today, everyone gets married or starts a relationship because they fell in love.
Divorce or relationships end when the feeling subsides and neither person works on the relationship. This is how people fall out of love, so in my mind if I choose to love someone then this removes the emotion from it. Understand, I still fell in love with my girlfriend and soon she became my wife, all with the understanding that every day I wake up and chose to love her; that I chose to be devoted to her alone. If together we woke up every morning and chose to love one another, I figured we would have a marriage that would last, that would be affair-proof and one that we could both be proud of.

No comments